The nominees for the 2017 Hugo Awards have been announced, including the “Graphic Story” category, which features six not-unexpected choices.
Presented annually since 1955, The Hugo Awards recognize the best science fiction in books, comics, movies, TV and more. The Hugo Awards are voted on annually by members of the World Science Fiction Convention. The Hugo Award for Best Graphic Story has been awarded annually since 2009, with previous winners including volumes of Saga, Ms. Marvel and Girl Genius. The Sandman: Overture won last year.
Here are this year’s nominees:
- Black Panther, Volume 1: A Nation Under Our Feet, written by Ta-Nehisi Coates, illustrated by Brian Stelfreeze (Marvel)
- Monstress, Volume 1: Awakening, written by Marjorie Liu, illustrated by Sana Takeda (Image)
- Ms. Marvel, Volume 5: Super Famous, written by G. Willow Wilson, illustrated by Takeshi Miyazawa (Marvel)
- Paper Girls, Volume 1, written by Brian K. Vaughan, illustrated by Cliff Chiang, colored by Matthew Wilson, lettered by Jared Fletcher (Image)
- Saga, Volume 6, illustrated by Fiona Staples, written by Brian K. Vaughan, lettered by Fonografiks (Image)
- The Vision, Volume 1: Little Worse Than A Man, written by Tom King, illustrated by Gabriel Hernandez Walta (Marvel)
You can see the complete list for every category over at tor.com. Winners will be announced in August.