DC Comics and Target have teamed up to bring DC’s new action figure line, Primal Age, to comics. DC announced that the DC Primal Age 100-Page Giant is now available at Target, and can be found on end caps with the toys.
Stories in this volume include:
- “The Primal Age” (32-page main story) – Written by Marv Wolfman with art by Scott Koblish
- “Born on a Monday” – Written and drawn by Jerry Ordway
- “Ice and Fire” – Written by Louise Simonson with art by Phil Winslade
- “Darkest Knight” – Written by Louise Simonson with art by Brent Anderson
- “The Joker’s Wild” – Written by Jerry Ordway with art by Chuck Patton, Karl Kesel and Tom Derenick
- “Not a Bird…” – Written by Marv Wolfman with art by Keith Pollard and Jose Marzan Jr.
I visited my local Target store yesterday, and while I found the end cap with the toys — including the awesome Castle Greyskull-like Bat Cave — there were no comics to be found. The figures looked pretty picked over, too, so at least in my neck of the woods they seem to be moving.
The news comes on the heels of DC expanding their line of Walmart 100-Page Giants, so perhaps this signals a relationship with America’s other big box store as well.
Check out some artwork from the comic below: