Read the adventures of Chris Roberson and Dennis Culver’s villain-turned-hero every Tuesday and Thursday.
Chris Roberson and Dennis Culver are setting their villain-turned-hero free — free on the web, that is. They’ve launched a new website for Edison Rex, where they plan to post all 18 issues of the series, as well as a Patreon campaign to fund the creation of new issues.
Continue reading “‘Edison Rex’ returns via Patreon, the web”
The digital comics platform’s new program features exclusive comic content for comiXology and Kindle.
ComiXology has announced a line of exclusively digital comics, teaming with BOOM! Studios, Valiant Entertainment and the estate of Harvey Kurtzman on new content. Called “comiXology Originals,” the comics can only be found on comiXology and Kindle starting next year.
“Our mission is to make everyone on the face of the planet a comic fan, and with comiXology Originals we’re excited to offer a range of content by diverse creators,” said comiXology co-founder and CEO David Steinberger in a press release. “It’s fantastic to be working with publishers across the spectrum to deliver great comics to comiXology and Kindle, offering fans stories that they can’t get anywhere else.”
Continue reading “comiXology announces ‘Originals’ line with new Valiant, Kurtzman and ‘Adventure Time’ comics”
The digital comics site is offering material from Matt Furie, Spain Rodriguez, Johnny Ryan, Simon Hanselmann and more to benefit the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund.
To help celebrate Banned Books Week, which kicks off on Sunday, Huumble Bundle is offering several “forbidden” books and comics — i.e. material that has been banned or censored in one form or another at various times.
Continue reading “Celebrate Banned Books Week with Humble Bundle’s ‘forbidden’ offer”
‘Blobby Boys,’ ‘Drinking at the Movies,’ ‘Fata Morgana’ and more now available via the digital comics service.
Just in time for the annual Small Press Expo, 12 titles from Koyama Press debuted on comiXology this weekend, including material from Chris Eliopoulos, Julia Wertz, Britt Wilson and Jon Vermilyea.
Continue reading “Koyama Press debuts on comiXology”
The story of a 12-year old boy who died from hunger and exposure is the subject of a new project spearheaded by the Tragically Hip’s Gord Downie with comic writer and illustrator Jeff Lemire. This multi-media production is a mix of poems, music, a graphic novel and animated film.
Continue reading “Tragically Hip frontman Gord Downie & Jeff Lemire tells story of the mistreatment of Canadian Indigenous children”
comiXology debuts 15 new titles today, with many more coming soon, including ‘XIII,’ ‘The Survivors,’ ‘Thorgal’ and ‘Lucky Luke.’
comiXology debuted 15 new titles from Europe Comics and Cinebook today, including English versions of “XIII Vol. 17,” “Largo Winch Vol. 15,” “Lucky Luke Vol. 15” and other popular European comics. In addition, they announced more French comics will be available in the coming months.
“French comics have been making major inroads with U.S fans for the last few years at a rate never seen before. With both Europe Comics and Cinebooks, it’s wonderful to see the catalog of amazing English language BD grow at such a phenomenal pace,” said comiXology’s Chip Mosher. “Thanks to this deal, the ‘French Invasion’ of the comics on comiXology continues.”
Selections available today include:
- 1066 Vol 1 by Patrick Weber
- Antares Episodes 16 by Leo
- Blake & Mortimer Vol 13 by various
- Blast 1 by Mamu Larcenet
- Crusade Vol 14 by Jean Dufaux and Phillippe Xavier
- Harmony 1 by Mathieu Reynès
- The Keeper by Yves Sente and François Boucq
- Lady S Vol 15 by Philippe Aymond and Jean Van Hamme
- Largo Winch Vol 15 by Philippe Francq and Jean Van Hamme
- Lucky Luke Vol 15 by Morris, René Goscinny and various
- Raptors by Jean Dufaux and Enrico Marini
- Thorgal Vol 1-3 by Grzegorz Rosinski and Jean Van Hamme
- Valerian Vol 110 by Jean-Claude Mézières and Pierre Christin
- Water Memory by Mathieu Reynès and Valérie Vernay
- XIII Vol 17 by Youri Jigounov, Yves Sente, Jean Van Hamme, William Vance, Jean Giraud and more
While those that are coming soon include:
- Aldebaran by Leo
- Alone by Bruno Gazzotti and Fabien Vehlmann
- Alpha by Youri Jigounov and Mythic
- Barracuda by Jérémy and Jean Dufaux
- Berlin by Marvano and Mark Van Oppen
- Betelgeuse by Leo
- Billy & Buddy by Jean Roba
- The Bluecoats by Raoul Cauvin and Willy Lambil
- Cedric by Laudec and Raoul Cauvin
- The Chimpanzee by Richard Marazano and Jean-Michel Ponzio
- Cinebook Recounts by Chauvin, Uderzo, B. Asso, and Bergese
- Clifton by Bob De Groot and Michel Rodrigue and Turk
- Damocles by Alain Henriet and Joël Callède
- Darwin’s Diaries by Sylvain Runberg and Eduardo Ocaña
- Ducoboo by Zidrou and Godi
- The Fascinating by André-Paul Duchâteau and René Follet
- Insiders by Jean-Claude Bertoll and Renaud Garreta
- I.R.$. by Stephen Desberg and Bernard Vrancken
- Iznogoud by René Goscinny and Jean Tabary
- Kenya by Rodolphe and Leo
- Lament by Grzegorz Rosinski and Jean Dufaux
- The Last Templar by Miguel Lalor and Raymond Khoury
- Long John Silver by Xavier Dorison and Mathieu Lauffray
- The Marquis of Anaon by Matthieu Bonhomme and Fabien Vehlmann
- Melusine by François Gilson and Clarke
- Namibia by Bertrand Marchal and Leo
- Orbital by Sylvain Runberg and Serge Pellé
- Papyrus by Lucien De Gieter
- The Rugger Boys by Poupard and Béka
- The Scorpion by Stephen Desberg and Enrico Marini
- Spirou & Fantasio by Franquin, Tome and Janry
- The Survivors by Leo
- Wayne Shelton by Christian Denayer and Jean Van Hamme
- Wisher by Giulio De Vita and Sébastien Latour
- XIII by Youri Jigounov, Yves Sente, Jean Van Hamme, William Vance, Jean Giraud and more
- Yakari by Job and Derib
Creator unleashes two fantasy stories worth a look.
Last year I downloaded a comic called Cadmus by Sam Beck, a familiar story adapted from Ovid’s Metamorphoses that Beck brought new life to through his storytelling abilities. The pay-what-you-want digital comic is still available on his site, and now he’s added a new comic, available in both print and digital, called 11th Daughter.
“It’s about a queen that is given a mysterious warning from her estranged brother to protect their ancient kingdom at all costs,” Beck said in an email. “It’s full color, and the cover is printed on French pop paper (Old Green Speckletone). The pages were sketched digitally, then printed onto bristol and inked over. After scanning them they were colored digitally.”
You can order 11th Daughter either in print or digitally from Beck directly.
Four new titles hit comiXology on Jan. 13.
Comics Experience, the online school/community aimed at future comics creators that’s run by former Marvel and IDW editor Andy Schmidt, will begin publishing digital comics by its members and alumni later this month.
The comics will be sold through comiXology starting Jan. 13 and will include:
- Past the Last Mountain by Paul Allor, Louie Joyce, and Gannon Beck, which “brings together an unlikely trio of fantasy creatures in a story of unity and survival.”
- Karma Police by Chris Lewis, Tony Gregori, Jasen Smith, and Nic J. Shaw, “a bizarre generation-spanning mystery full of murder, intrigue, reincarnation and even luchador demons.” LUCHADOR DEMONS!
- Wretched Things by Devon Wong, Ken Perry, and John Hunt, which features “a world where The Vermin reign supreme.”
- Deluge by JD Oliva and Richard P. Clark, a crime drama set against the backdrop of a post-Katrina Gulf Coast.
“ComiXology offers us a unique way to get even more fantastic content to more fans around the world. And the more truly great creator-owned and controlled projects getting published, and that’s just good for everyone,” said Comics Experience founder and CEO Andy Schmidt in the press release. “The Comics Experience Digital Publishing program is the latest way for us to help bring new, talented creators to audiences around the world and put them in front of the industry’s largest publishers.”
This initiative follows the one announced last year where Comics Experience teamed with IDW Publishing to publish comics by members of their online community. That one brought titles like Tet and Gutter Magic to the publisher.
Check out covers from the new titles below.
Earlier today David Chelsea announced he was putting Are You Being Watched? on Tumblr.
It’s the same story I’ve been serializing on Patreon since July, but in an archive that you can click straight through without having to go back to the home page after each installment.