Aquaman debuted 80 years ago in More Fun Comics #73, and to celebrate, DC will publish the Aquaman 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular in August.
Like the 100-page specials they’ve done for Superman, Batman, Green :antern and other characters over the past few years, this will be an anthology by a variety of creators associated with the King of Atlantis as well as some new faces.
Creators you can expect to see stories from include Dan Jurgens, Geoff Johns, Brandon Thomas, Chuck Brown, Stephanie Phillips, Michael Moreci, Marguerite Bennett, Dan Watters, Jeff Parker, Becky Cloonan, Francis Manapul, Steve Epting, Paul Pelletier, Valentine de Landro, Hendry Prasetya, Pop Mhan, Trungles, Miguel Mendonça and Evan “Doc” Shaner.
Ivan Reis and Joe Prado provide the main cover, and there will also be eight variant covers representing each of the decades since his debut. Artists for those covers are:
- 1940’s variant cover by Michael Cho
- 1950’s variant cover by Ramona Fradon
- 1960’s variant cover by Walt Simonson
- 1970’s variant cover by José Luis García-López
- 1980’s variant cover by Chuck Patton and Kevin Nowlan
- 1990’s variant cover by Yvel Guichet
- 2000’s variant cover by Becky Cloonan
- 2010’s variant cover by Robson Rocha.
The main cover version s priced at $9.99, with the card stock variant priced at $10.99. Look for it on Aug. 31.