The graphic novel by George Takei, Justin Eisinger, Steven Scott and Harmony Becker adds another award to its shelf.
They Called Us Enemy, the graphic novel that recounts the experiences of actor George Takei and his family when they were interned by the United States government during World War II, has added another award to its already long list of accolades — the Dwayne McDuffie Award for Diversity in Comics.
The sixth annual Dwayne McDuffie Award was presented over the weekend in a virtual ceremony hosted by actor Phil LaMarr and broadcast on Facebook.
Continue reading “‘They Called Us Enemy’ wins the Dwayne McDuffie Award for Diversity in Comics”
New comics featuring Static, Icon, Rocket and more return next year.
During today’s FanDome event, DC’s “surprise” comics panel focused on Milestone Media, as Denys Cowan, Reggie Hudlin, Phil LaMarr, Jim Lee and moderator Marc Bernardin discussed the imprint’s past and future.
At the panel, they confirmed:
Continue reading “DC reveals some of their Milestone plans at FanDome”
- A new Static Shock original graphic novel by Hudlin and artist Kyle Baker.
- A new Static Digital First series by an unnamed creative team.
- New Icon and Rocket by Hudlin and Cowan.
- The re-release of classic Milestone comics on comiXology and other digital platforms, starting in September.
- On day two of FanDome, coming up in September, they will release Milestone Returns #0, a 17-page sampler, that you can read for 24 hours online. Written by Hudlin with Greg Pak and cover by Denys Cowan and Chris Sotomayor, the sampler will introduce and re-introduce fans to Milestone characters such as Static Shock, Icon, Rocket, Duo and others. The sampler features art by Cowan, Jim Lee, Ryan Benjamin, Khoi Pham, Scott Hanna, Bill Sienkiewicz, Don Ho, Alex Sinclair and Deron Bennett.