New comics featuring Static, Icon, Rocket and more return next year.
During today’s FanDome event, DC’s “surprise” comics panel focused on Milestone Media, as Denys Cowan, Reggie Hudlin, Phil LaMarr, Jim Lee and moderator Marc Bernardin discussed the imprint’s past and future.
At the panel, they confirmed:
Continue reading “DC reveals some of their Milestone plans at FanDome”
- A new Static Shock original graphic novel by Hudlin and artist Kyle Baker.
- A new Static Digital First series by an unnamed creative team.
- New Icon and Rocket by Hudlin and Cowan.
- The re-release of classic Milestone comics on comiXology and other digital platforms, starting in September.
- On day two of FanDome, coming up in September, they will release Milestone Returns #0, a 17-page sampler, that you can read for 24 hours online. Written by Hudlin with Greg Pak and cover by Denys Cowan and Chris Sotomayor, the sampler will introduce and re-introduce fans to Milestone characters such as Static Shock, Icon, Rocket, Duo and others. The sampler features art by Cowan, Jim Lee, Ryan Benjamin, Khoi Pham, Scott Hanna, Bill Sienkiewicz, Don Ho, Alex Sinclair and Deron Bennett.
Static Shock, Icon, Rocket and more set to return next spring as a part of ‘Earth M.’
Milestone Comics was a big, groundbreaking idea back in the 1990s, and now it’s coming back to comics in a big way.
At the New York Comic Con, DC Comics announced plans to launch five new titles featuring characters from the 1990s imprint. The new initiative, called Earth M, will feature creators like Reginald Hudlin, Ken Lashley, Greg Pak, Kyle Baker and more.
Continue reading “DC announces the return of Milestone with five new titles”
In advance of the first issue of ‘Gumby’ coming next week, Papercutz shares a story from that issue by one of comics’ greats.
NBM’s kid-friendly comics imprint Papercutz announced a new comic series starring everyone’s favorite bendable green guy, Gumby, earlier this year, and now in advance of its July 5 release they’ve shared a full story from the first issue by the wonderful Kyle Baker, who does not disappoint.
Continue reading “Gumby tackles fashion in this complete story by Kyle Baker”