The Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, or GLAAD, have announced the nominees for their 32nd annual Media Awards, which recognize and honor media for their fair, accurate and inclusive representations of the LGBTQ community and the issues that affect their lives.
10 comics and graphic novels have been nominated in the “Outstanding Comic Book” category, including four from DC Comics, three from Marvel, two from BOOM! Studios and one from Random House Graphic. Doctor Aphra, the Marvel comic featuring the character from the Star Wars universe, won the award last year.
The nominees for “Outstanding Comic Book” are:
- Empyre, Lords of Empyre: Emperor Hulkling, Empyre: Aftermath Avengers, written by Al Ewing, Dan Slott, Valerio Schiti and more (Marvel Comics)
- Far Sector, written by N.K. Jemisin and Jamal Campbell (DC Comics)
- Guardians of the Galaxy, by Al Ewing and Juann Cabal (Marvel Comics)
- Juliet Takes a Breath, by Gabby Rivera and Celia Moscote (BOOM! Studios)
- Lois Lane, by Greg Rucka and Mike Perkins (DC Comics)
- The Magic Fish, written by Trung Le Nguyen (Random House Graphic)
- Suicide Squad, by Tom Taylor and Bruno Redondo (DC Comics)
- Wynd, by James Tynion IV and Michael Dialynas (BOOM! Studios)
- X-Factor, by Leah Williams and David Baldeón (Marvel Comics)
- You Brought Me the Ocean, by Alex Sanchez and Julie Maroh (DC Comics)
You can see the complete list of all nominees across all categories here.