As announced at last year’s DC FanDome, Dark Nights: Death Metal is getting a soundtrack, a joint production between DC and Loma Vista Records. The soundtrack will arrive on digital platforms on June 18, with a physical release set for July 16.
The album is executive produced by Tyler Bates and will feature tracks from Mastodon, Denzel Curry, Manchester Orchestra, Chelsea Wolfe, IDLES, Soccer Mommy and more.
“This soundtrack and motion-comic series was made by fans of comics, for fans of comics and music,” said Bates, who previously worked on the soundtracks for the films John Wick, Guardians of the Galaxy and Watchmen. “Dark Nights: Death Metal is next-level storytelling by two incredibly talented artists in Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo. The visual aspect of this comic is entirely compelling, and resonates throughout each song on the soundtrack.”
Mastodon’s track, “Forged By Neron,” references DC’s demon lord and is now available on your music platform of choice.
“We are super excited and honored to be part of the Dark Nights: Death Metal Soundtrack,” said Brann Dailor of Mastodon in a press release. “We’ve all been fans of DC Comics and the Batman universe since we were kids, so it really means a lot for us to be able to add something to that world.”
You can check out the track below.
Here’s the complete track list:
- Mastodon – “Forged by Neron”
- Chelsea Wolfe – “Diana”
- HEALTH, Tyler Bates – “ANTI-LIFE (feat. Chino Moreno)”
- Maria Brink, Tyler Bates – “Meet Me In Fire (feat. Andy Biersack)”
- Grey Daze – “Anything, Anything”
- Rise Against – “Broken Dreams, Inc.”
- Manchester Orchestra – “Never Ending”
- Denzel Curry, PlayThatBoiZay – “Bad Luck”
- Carach Angren – “Skull With a Forked Tongue”
- Starcrawler – “Good Time Girl”
- GUNSHIP, Tyler Bates – “Berserker (feat. Dave Lombardo)”
- Greg Puciato, Tyler Bates, Gil Sharone – “Now You’ve Really Done It”
- Show Me The Body – “Stone Cold Earth”
- IDLES – “Sodium”
- Soccer Mommy – “Kissing in the Rain”
Additionally, DC and Loma Vista Recordings will release “Special Edition Soundtrack Variants” of Dark Nights: Death Metal issues 1-3, featuring Rise Against, Denzel Curry and Grey Daze (the late Chester Bennington’s pre-Linkin Park band) on custom comic covers, and released alongside each artists’ respective flexi singles.
You can learn more about the project on the dedicated website Loma Vista has set up.