Marvel has announced the next one-shot in their Marvel’s Voices series, Marvel’s Voices: Identity, which will focus on Asian creators and characters.
“It’s unreal to me that one of Marvel’s first Asian super heroes, Jimmy Woo, was first introduced in in 1956. He predates the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, and the X-Men,” Editor Darren Shan told Marvel.com. “It just goes to show that Asians have been an integral part of Marvel’s history, both on the page and behind it. So I’m incredibly excited to celebrate that with all these amazing creators, new and established, featuring some of Marvel’s greatest (and dare I say it, best) super heroes!”
The giant-sized one-shot will include:
- Writer Gene Luen Yang and artist Marcus To will have a new Shang-Chi story.
- Writer Christina Strain and artist Jason Loo will team up on a Jubilee story.
- Writer Greg Pak and artist Creees Lee, making his Marvel debut, will put the spotlight on Jimmy Woo.
- Artist Lynne Yoshii makes her Marvel debut with writer Maurene Goo on a Silk story.
- Mashal Ahmed will draw a Ms. Marvel story.
- Plus a “bonus surprise story” that will be announced at a later date.
The one-shot will be available Aug. 11.