The soundtrack for Dark Nights: Death Metal has arrived on digital music platforms, featuring new tracks by Mastodon, Denzel Curry, Manchester Orchestra, Chelsea Wolfe, IDLES, Soccer Mommy, Grey Daze and more.
The soundtrack serves as a companion piece to the DC’s big event series by Scott Snyder, Greg Capullo and man others. It was executive produced by Tyler Bates, and each track features lyrics directly inspired by the text. Bates also produced a series of stop-motion comics featuring some of the songs with voice overs.
Here’s the track by Soccer Mommy, which was released as a single and video:
“This soundtrack and motion-comic series was made by fans of comics, for fans of comics and music,” Bates said. “Dark Nights: Death Metal is next-level storytelling by two incredibly talented artists in Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo. The visual aspect of this comic is entirely compelling, and resonates throughout each song on the soundtrack.”
Announced at last year’s DC FanDome, the Dark Nights: Death Metal is a joint production between DC and Loma Vista Records. The soundtrack will also be released on CD and vinyl on July 16. You can pre-order it here. You can see the complete track list below.
- Mastodon – Forged by Neron
- Chelsea Wolfe – Diana
- HEALTH, Tyler Bates – ANTI-LIFE (feat. Chino Moreno)
- Maria Brink, Tyler Bates – Meet Me In Fire (feat. Andy Biersack)
- Grey Daze – Anything, Anything
- Rise Against – Broken Dreams, Inc.
- Manchester Orchestra – Never Ending
- Denzel Curry, PlayThatBoiZay – Bad Luck
- Carach Angren – Skull With a Forked Tongue
- Starcrawler – Good Time Girl
- GUNSHIP, Tyler Bates – Berserker (feat. Dave Lombardo)
- Greg Puciato, Tyler Bates, Gil Sharone – Now You’ve Really Done It
- Show Me The Body – Stone Cold Earth
- IDLES – Sodium
- Soccer Mommy – Kissing in the Rain