Peter Parker, Magneto, Baron Zemo, the Imperial Guard and more join in on the alternate reality event.
Marvel has announced that the upcoming Heroes Reborn event miniseries will be accompanied by five one-shots that take place in this new world created by the Phoenix — one where the Avengers never formed.
They’ll feature characters and themes that should be familiar to readers of both Marvel and DC; with the Squadron Supreme being the Marvel universe equivalent of the Justice League, it’s not surprising that some of these one-shots get a little “meta” in their homages.
Continue reading “Marvel announces five ‘Heroes Reborn’ one-shots”
New comics featuring Static, Icon, Rocket and more return next year.
During today’s FanDome event, DC’s “surprise” comics panel focused on Milestone Media, as Denys Cowan, Reggie Hudlin, Phil LaMarr, Jim Lee and moderator Marc Bernardin discussed the imprint’s past and future.
At the panel, they confirmed:
Continue reading “DC reveals some of their Milestone plans at FanDome”
- A new Static Shock original graphic novel by Hudlin and artist Kyle Baker.
- A new Static Digital First series by an unnamed creative team.
- New Icon and Rocket by Hudlin and Cowan.
- The re-release of classic Milestone comics on comiXology and other digital platforms, starting in September.
- On day two of FanDome, coming up in September, they will release Milestone Returns #0, a 17-page sampler, that you can read for 24 hours online. Written by Hudlin with Greg Pak and cover by Denys Cowan and Chris Sotomayor, the sampler will introduce and re-introduce fans to Milestone characters such as Static Shock, Icon, Rocket, Duo and others. The sampler features art by Cowan, Jim Lee, Ryan Benjamin, Khoi Pham, Scott Hanna, Bill Sienkiewicz, Don Ho, Alex Sinclair and Deron Bennett.
Marc Bernardin and Ariela Kristantina tell a story inspired by Bernardin’s autistic daughter.
Genius and The Highwaymen writer Marc Bernardin has been more active as a TV writer lately, working on shows like Alphas, Carnival Row and Castle Rock in recent years, but he’s making his return to comics with a new graphic novel from comiXology Originals.
Artist Ariela Kristantina, colorist Jessica Kholinne, letterer Bernardo Brice and editor Will Dennis will work with Bernardin on Adora and the Distance, a story inspired by Bernardin’s daughter, who was diagnosed with autism at four years old.
“There are millions of parents of kids on the autism spectrum and there are millions of children with siblings on the spectrum,” Bernardin said in the press release. “This isn’t a book about how hard it is to be a parent or a sibling, it’s one that imagines the unknowable: What’s going on inside the mind of a loved one who has never been able to tell us?”
Continue reading “comiXology announces ‘Adora and the Distance’ OGN”
Bernardin and Freeman team with artist Rosi Kampe for another series starring military genius Destiny Ajaye.
Top Cow has announced a follow-up to Genius, one of their “Pilot Season” winners that was published in full in 2014. Writers Marc Bernardin and Adam Freeman will team with Rosi Kampe, who replaces Afua Richardson, for the sequel.
Continue reading “Top Cow announces ‘Genius’ sequel”